Saturday, April 4, 2020

New Circle in the Fells

So the 30 day yoga challenge only made it to day 5. I guess I can officially call that a fail. I think I'm better off doing longer yoga once a week than short yoga many days. So, yeah, I'll try to do that!

Today I went for an early-ish walk in the Fells. I decided to head over to the Rock Circuit because I thought it would be less crowded. It was a good decision because it seems that they've closed off the main parking lot in the shepfold area - there were two plows parked in the middle of the road! I started out heading in a circle, but thinking that maybe I wouldn't do the entire thing. By the time I got to fellsway road, I decide I definitely wanted to head back. I took the blue blaze trail - the crossfells trail. I thought it would be one of those wimpy paths, but it actually turned out to be a really nice trail! Definitely a nice little loop for a change. Total walk time was 90 minutes.

I came across three groups on the narrow trails, and each time there was space for someone to step off. Weirdly, at the bigger trails it seemed harder. At one point I came to an intersection, and this woman was just standing there, right in the intersection, looking at me. It was near the dog area, and there were a ton of people. It's not rocket science, just move over 6 feet lady, and I can get past you!

I've been sewing masks for the family since the CDC now apparently recommends that we wear them. It's really weird to see people walking around with masks on. I went to the supermarket today, and I wore one that I made, it's white with hot chile peppers on it :)  With all this being at home, you would think there would be a ton of free time, but I feel really busy. Mostly with things like baking bread, sewing masks, and eating popcorn, but that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment