Friday, March 27, 2020

Yoga Challenge, Day 3

This is also quarantine day 12 - the end of the second week of working from home and practicing social distancing. Today, during my lunch time I went to the Fells and did the rock circuit trail to the mit observatory and back. It was definitely more than a 60 minute lunch because it included 90 minutes of walking, but it was a beautiful day and I wanted to get some nature time before everyone was out (don't worry, I still put in my full days work!) It was so nice outside, I got to the observatory and lay out in the sun, just enjoying for about 5 minutes. I saw about a dozen people on the trail, almost all practicing social distancing (though a couple millennials who thought the path was a good place to sit and chat. Oh millennials).

It was so nice out that I wanted to do my yoga outside, but parking lot yoga wasn't really inspiring. I decided to try the garden and it was perfect! I set my mat in the back on a sunny path an enjoyed the birds and trees. One nice thing about this class is it's super short - todays was about 25 minutes, which is less of a commitment than going to a studio. I think my left foot balance is getting back to normal, even if my toe doesn't really bend that well.

When I left the garden, there was a guy sitting in the park stuffing his face with nutter butter cookies like there was no tomorrow. I hear you guy. I made banana oatmeal cookies, and did the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment