Saturday, February 29, 2020

Leap Day

I spent this morning at a Leap Day for Women parkour class. It was a three hour workshop for only women. A bunch of the geriatric folks were there, but also some young'uns, so it was great to see a wide range of skills. We had some fun exercises including trying to do things quietly and making a short, three part routine. There was someone taking pictures that were going on instagram I think, will have to look and see if there are any of me. Even though I am totally new at this, and there were women flying around, everyone was friendly and accepting. Two thumbs up.

I did wind up skiing again at Nashoba Valley. They have this ski pass called The Gambler which you can buy on the Sunday at the end of school vacation week, and it's good until the place closes. It wasn't too expensive - $99, so I got it. Turns out I lost! I had one good day of skiing on the Sunday, and then the weather warmed up and it was like 65. Then it rained. I decided to try to go on Friday. I went down the hill twice, hated it, packed it up and went home. The trail was basically ice, with grainy pellets on it. No fun. It was really hard to get an edge, and I could feel my IT band objecting. I think the ski season may be done. Well, if it become spring-like outside, then I guess I'm OK with that.

I finally went back to climbing on Thursday! It was my first real climbing since my surgery. My foot is definitely not 100%, because it hurt! I can't place all of my weight on that joint yet, that's for sure. It feels a little like I will never be able to, but that's probably not true. I did two 5.7's, two 5.8's and two 5.9's. I've been climbing with a new group - a meet-up, and fortunately the other climbers were really patient. It wasn't super fun, but it was nice to be back in the gym :)

Next week is Super Tuesday and I still can't decide who to vote for. I love all the candidates, but it turns out that for this election I'm a one-issue voter. Who will beat the current guy? Really, I feel like the primaries is where I vote, so I've been stressing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment