Saturday, February 15, 2020

New Skis!

I tried out the new skis today, and was quite pleased with them! Good purchase, and I only have to use them 6 times to make the purchase pay for itself. Of course, I guess there's the thing about how many more times I may ski, since I don't have to rent. I may have to factor that in....  I love the skis the most! I feel like they have better edges than the ones I was renting, though maybe I was imagining that. I think the boots are a little too big, but they worked fine. If I love skiing after next season I can consider different ones if I need them - I'll probably know then what's more important. And, these were less than $50.

I went to nashoba valley, which is a small little mountain, but less than 45 minutes drive.  The trails that you take up are blue squares, which messed with my head a little; the greens are the kiddie area. When you are so small you have to do whatever you can to have a black diamond. I did go down all the blues - at first quite gingerly, and then with more and more confidence. I think I'm starting to feel a little more confidence with a little speed, and to feel a bit better with turning (counter clockwise at least).  It helped that the mountain was pretty quiet today, there weren't may crowds and not much waiting at the lifts. I definitely want to go at least once more this year, maybe more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment