Saturday, February 1, 2020

Fells Walk

I had all these ambitions about hiking today, but in the end I just wound up going for an hour walk in the fells. For a change I went to the sheepfold, and there was actually space. It wasn't that nice out. I walked to the bear hill tower and back, going on some side paths, and it turned out to be exactly one hour according to my fitbit.

My foot is much better, and I can wear any shoes, but I still can't climb, which is depressing. I've been reading this blog that says that 11-12 weeks is the magic time when people feel like they can do everything - I'm at a little over 8 weeks now. I hope it's going to get better. I'm planning to go skiing on Wednesday to make up for the missed climbing. In fact, today I went to a used sporting goods store to look at skis. It was seriously overwhelming, though, and I don't think they even had a lot. I may try to buy them at the end of the season at a ski shop. If I didn't have to shell out $40 for skis every time I went skiing, I would go more.

Tomorrow I'm signed up for a meet up to go to chinatown for dim sum and new year festivals. I haven't had real dim sum for way too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment