Thursday, February 6, 2020

Skiing again

I worked on a Sunday, and so I was able to take yesterday, a Wednesday, off to go skiing!  I was excited to go during the week, when there would be fewer people on the slopes. I overslept (which I was really annoyed with myself for) and so I didn't get there until 11, and wasn't skiing until 11:30, but then I decided I had to let it go and enjoy myself.

I'm getting better at keeping my skis parallel a little bit of the time at least. I accidentally went down a little bit of a blue square, and things got pretty pizza wedge quite fast, so there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Initially I thought about staying after 4, when my ticket expired, but at 4 I was done. My thighs were killing me. I was thinking that I should buy skis, because then I could ski for a shorter time, since it wouldn't be so expensive. I was going to go to a ski shop, but then I remembered the inflatable stand up paddle board that I have, that I've used like 4 times, and I decided would try going to Play it Again Sports to trade it in and get skis. We'll see if I can get something as good as rentals for not too much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment