Saturday, May 13, 2017

Row row row...

It's been a rather slow exercise week for me, though I did go for an hour bike ride during the week. I thought about blogging about it, but then decided I couldn't blog every time I got on the bike. Plus I forgot. I rode my bike from here thru Davis to Alewife, then up the Mystic River on the dirt path to the edge of Medford (for non-Bostonians, that's pronounced Me-Fah) and home. The bike path gets so crowded, it can be a little hard to get a good work out because you are always slowing down, and the streets are just cray. This path was nice. I'm thinking about getting a bike rack so I can get out of the city to ride a little better.

I only went to Crossfit once this week, which was lame. I was feeling a little headachy, though. And I had a really annoying assignment due for my class. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. Today I had to go. The WOD was intense, but things I can do. We started with a 1000 meter row, which took me a little over 5 min in the warm up.

WOD:
1000 meter row
20 back squats (I did 65 pounds)
20 ring rows
rest 2 minutes
1000 meter row
20 front squats (I did 50 pounds)
20 ring rows
rest 2 minutes
1000 meter row
20 overhead squats (I did 35 pounds)
20 ring rows
my time: 31 min 35 sec

I did each of the rowing intervals in under 5 minutes. I think I actually had a little bit of a rowing breakthrough. I  was pulling better from start to finish in one swift tug, which is more efficient. And harder. I could only do it for 250 meters at a stretch. But it's a start.

Pence and family decided to skip graduation, which was just as well probably. Christiane Amanpour was amazing! She talked about what is fake news, and what isn't, and how important the press is for a democratic society. And, she told the gals not to take a job for less than the guys! It was really inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment