Monday, May 15, 2017

Push press and push jerk

I'm feeling good about myself today because I went to crossfit and it's only Monday! One done. I went to the doctor this morning to have my travel appointment for my trip to Africa. I got prescriptions for malaria meds, antibiotics just in case, and lorazepam for the airplane. I started counting the number of flights I had to do and the lengths, and how I can't have a computer on the way back from Istanbul, and the nurse practitioner who saw me gave me extras :)  I think maybe she thought I should take one right then and there.  They didn't have any yellow fever shots, though, so I couldn't get one. She said I don't really need one, which is what my research says too. I don't want one, but of course now I will worry that they won't let me in. Sigh. I may send my passport in for a visa so I only have to worry about one thing at a time.

I was running late today but I still really wanted to do the beginner class, so I missed a little of the warm up. We did some jumping rope.  Then we did 5 sets of 3 push presses and 5 sets of 3 push jerks. I actually was a little confused about the whole thing, so I did 6 sets of push presses. For the push presses I started at 55 pounds, and then added another 5 for the last 3 rounds, so I did 60 pounds for 9 lifts. Then I did 75 for push jerks! I was pretty excited with myself. The amazing thing was that I could have lifted more, it was bringing it down that was hard. I wound up doing 5 rounds at 75, or 15 push jerks at 75 pounds. I was trying to see if that's a record, but it's been a while since I've done them.

After we did rope jumping and deadlifts.
WOD:
200 jumps
20 deadlifts (I lifted 75 pounds)
160 jumps
18 deadlifts
120 jumps
16 deadlifts
80 jumps
14 deadlifts
40 jumps
12 deadlifts
my time 11 min 52 sec

Coach said it should take less than 10 minutes and if it took more you were doing something wrong. Hum.

Yesterday I went for lunch with mom, sister, a friend of my moms and all their peeps. There were like 8 of us. We went to this fancy restaurant on the ocean with a "classy buffet" as my nephew called it, with lobster tails, oysters, shrimp, and a bunch of other stuff that I didn't waste my stomach space on. It was so good! Whenever I do things with my mom I always think "so this is how the other half lives.."

It's supposed to get to like 90 on Thursday! And this weekend finally looks nice for hiking and biking!

No comments:

Post a Comment