Monday, May 1, 2017

55 pounds for power snatch

It's only Monday, and I've done one crossfit! Today's WOD(s) looked pretty good on paper, and they were there as well. Tough, but everything was something that I could do, with modifications of course. So, I was happy to go!  There were three separate activities, which seems to be a new thing that they're doing.

Warm up: 8 min AMRAP
12 calorie row
30 double unders (I tried to do a few doubles, but mostly just did singles)
10 Russian Kettle bell swings
I did 3 rounds plus 6 calories on the rower

EMOM10 2-Power Snatches
I got up to 55 pounds. I was pretty happy with that, I think snatches are hard.

WOD: EMOM 20 minutes
ODD - 10 calorie row
EVEN 1 - 15 kettlebell swings (I used the smallest one)
EVEN 2 - 50 jumps with the jump rope

The 50 jumps was sort of my hybrid amount. The regular was 30 double unders. I rowed a total of 100 calories during the WOD, which is a lot!  After, I was tired.

Yesterday was our end of year party for accepted students. I planned the entire thing, and it was awesome! It actually wasn't that much work to put together, I go for a pretty low maintenance bash, with open bar (beer and wine only). Everyone seemed to have a good time, I even heard a few saying something about how it was so nice.  All the food was eaten, people were talking and laughing, no one was standing around looking lost. Yay!

Tomorrow I'm going to try to buy my tix to Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment