Thursday, May 25, 2017

32 Box Jumps!

I realized that I still have a few vacation days left, and not that much time to take them. Next month will be crazy with letters, so I decided that I should take some time off this month. So, I'm taking a 5 day Memorial Day weekend! Starting today, yay!  Today is my day to get stuff done. It's rainy and gross out, which is helpful for a getting stuff done day. I had a phone meeting with my professor from my class that was meant to be about my Theoretical Framework for my research question (it wasn't really because she had never heard of the theorist, but it actually still was helpful). I have a doctor's appointment a little later, and I'm meeting a friend for drinks, which isn't "getting things done," but it's not sitting on the couch. I also want to work on my stupid paper for class. And, of course, I needed to get in Crossfit as I hadn't been all week.

I got up the same time I always do, with the intent to go to the 9 am class. Then was like "I'm not going to the 9 am class. There will be a ton of traffic, I will barely have time to drink coffee, and I don't like to work out in the morning." But then I went!  I'm so psyched with myself for going, the high might last for the entire day :)

For strength we did deadlifts, 4 sets of 5. 5 deadlifts is a lot, I lifted 125 pounds, which was pretty heavy for me. Coach said we should share a barbell so there would be less cleanup, but when this other woman and I were talking about it, it turned out she was going to lift like 200 pounds. Sharing would have been more work.

WOD: 4 rounds
12 front squats (I did 2 rounds at 55 and 2 at 45)
14 toes to bar (I did 2 rounds of 14 knees to chest and 2 rounds of 7 knees to chest)
16 box jumps (I did 8 jumps and 8 steps in each round)
my time: 13 minutes, 17 sec

I was pretty excited with my box jump performance! I was in the gym with the foam boxes, so I could jump. Once I got going I noted that I was doing them pretty well, and could get up there pretty easily - that is to say, with a lot of effort, but without trouble getting to the right hight.

I'm planning to go hiking on Saturday, so the goal is for crossfit again tomorrow evening. That makes going this morning a good thing as well, it will be about 30 hours between the two, time for my body to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment