Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Little lame today

Today there was this multiple workout format going - seems to be a new thing this week. Not sure I like it, it was pretty action packed and went over the hour. Plus there were a lot of things to keep track of, not sure that I completely did. We started with a warm up that was 10 minutes, you were supposed to run 200 meters on the odd minutes and do 5 pull ups on the even. I was pretty excited that it started to really rain when I got there, an excuse not to run! But then she said to do burpees instead! That's just mean. I did burpees for the first round, but then after I did biking. I also can't do the pull ups, so I did ring rows.

Next we did squat cleans. We did a lot of them, for 18 minutes we were doing them every other minute, for a total of 16. I got up to 55 pounds, which isn't really that much for squat cleans, especially compared to everyone else. I just wasn't in a squat clean mood.

WOD: 12 minute EMOM
3 clean and jerk (I lifted 55 pounds)
6 pistols (I modified and either tucked my leg instead of extending or held onto a pole)
9 pull ups (I used bands)
I did 4 full rounds and a 5th round of clean and jerks

After I went to this mindfulness session at the climbing gym. It was pretty good. I always feel like I should try to incorporate mindfulness into my life better. The woman who lead the session was saying that your mind is going to do it's wacky stuff, and you should kind of be like "that's just my mind going a little goofy. I'm going to ignore it." Which is what I need to do for a 10 hour flight to Istanbul (on my way to Africa).  I should work on meditating some. But I'm still getting the plane meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment