Sunday, April 9, 2017

35 miles! (Almost)

Today I did my second long ride. I went from my place to the bike path and took the bike path until it ends in Concord! I felt pretty good about myself. I decided that for training purposes I would try to pedal all the time, except for when I had to slow down due to the crowds. I actually passed some people!  I was kind of tired by the end, and slowed down on the peddling. Fortunately the trip is uphill on the way there, so on the way back it's much more chill. Will have to work up to peddling for 3-4 hours straight.  I bought some new capri tights yesterday, and I didn't want to wear my padding with them because I thought it would make me look chunky. I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret that. My butt and girl parts are going to be killing me tomorrow!

It was a perfect spring day today!  It was almost 70 and sunny. Soon, there will be leaves on the trees again :)  I love spring.

I definitely have more training to do, but this is a good start.  After, I wanted to see how my garden did over the summer, so I went over, intending to spend 5 or 10 minutes. I cleaned up all the debris from the winter and turned the soil. Yay! dirty finger nails again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment