Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Staycation

I'm on staycation this week, which is pretty awesome! I've been very productive - I did my taxes, signed up for the bike riding tour of Tanzania, got my bike serviced and ready for some spring/summer riding, sent my passport out to be renewed, went to yoga and climbing and tomorrow I'm getting a haircut! I'm feeling very accomplished :)

It was tough to haul myself to crossfit today from home. I knew I would have to sit in traffic and it was so cozy at home on my couch. But, tomorrow it's supposed to be nice out and I want to go for my first "long bike ride." And then I'm going to NH Thursday and Friday (please don't try and rob the place, there's really nothing of value to take). Which left today and Sat. And, today's WOD was not bad.

We started with back squats. I was able to get 5 sets of 2 at 100 pounds! I was kind of psyched with myself on that one.

WOD:
30 kettlebell swings (I used the second smallest)
21 thrusters (I lifted 35 pounds)
30 kettlebell swings (I switched to the smallest)
15 thrusters
30 kettlebell swings
9 thrusters
my time 9 min 45 sec

My arms were killing me! 35 pounds shouldn't be that much for thrusters, but I was dying.

It was so fun riding my bike to Davis Square to bring it to the bike shop, and then riding it home. I forgot how much I like biking. It's not so much fun in the city, but now the bike path is less than a mile away from where I live, and it's about 17 miles long, so I can ride without being in too much contact with the crazy Boston drivers. I'm also thinking I'll take it to the Middlesex Fells for some light trail riding, since there aren't really a lot of paved roads in Tanzania.

No comments:

Post a Comment