Monday, March 13, 2017

Blizzard!

We're expecting a blizzard tomorrow! It will be our first really big storm this year, though I guess we did have one other blizzard already. Work is already closed, which I'm pretty excited about. The storm is going to go all day tomorrow, and I don't have any appointments on Wednesday, so I may get two days at home!  I will have to do work, but whatever, it will be on the couch in my jammies with the cats.

I really didn't want to go to crossfit today because it was full of bar facing burpees, but given that I may be snowed in for the next two days, I decided I had to. Everyone else had the same idea, the place was packed! Which meant that there wasn't enough room to be jumping over bars, so it was just burpees. Which still sucked.

We started with deadlifts, 5 sets of 3.  I didn't want to hurt myself since I'm just getting back into things, so I kept it light. I started with 105 pounds for the first round. Then I did 125 for the next two. For the last two I did 130. Not bad, but less than I have done.

WOD: 3 rounds
8 burpees
8 power snatches (I lifted 45 pounds)
8 burpees
16 kettlebell swings
my time 12 min 12 sec

The first round I used the second smallest kettle bell, and it nearly killed me. For the second and third rounds I used the smallest kettle bell. On the second round I also accidentally skipped the burpees between the power snatches and kettle bell swings, and so then I had to do 16 in a row. Brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment