Friday, March 10, 2017

Flu

I can't believe it's been three weeks since I went to crossfit! I don't know why long weekends often go badly for me, but President's Day weekend started out with a migraine on Sat night. Monday I was still feeling woozy, though I did go climbing. I went to work on Tuesday, but it was obvious to me by that point that it wasn't still the migraine. I went home at noon that day and was sick for a whole week!  I'm pretty sure it was the flu, even though I had my flu shot. I had a fever (and I never get a fever), my whole body hurt, head ache, stuffy nose, sore throat. Poor me. After being sick for a week, it took me another week to feel like normal again. And then last week I was just lazy :)  Today I had to get back to crossfit.

It actually felt really good to be working out again. Much as I think I like sitting on the couch eating and binge watching, we started doing jumping jacks and my body was happy about it!  The WOD was a confusing one, basically if you finished three rounds of pull ups and squat snatches in 4 minutes then you got to do 3 more rounds. I did two rounds and then was seeing spots out of my left eye and decided that was enough.

WOD: Prior to 8 min complete:
3 rounds of
6 chest to bar pull ups
6 squat snatches (I lifted 35 pounds)
3 rounds of
7 chest to bar pull ups
5 squat snatches

There was more after that, but it took me 8 minutes and about 10 seconds to do the 6 rounds and, as I mentioned, I was seeing spots.

In other news, I'm planning a vacation!  I'm planning a trip to Africa. I want to go to Tanzania on safari. I found one today that's a bike tour and safari, it mixes biking and riding around looking at the animals. I'm a little nervous that I would have a hard time keeping up, and kind of psyched about the idea because it's a little different. There's also a tour of a coffee plantation. I think given the combo of activities, I might be able to get my brother and his girlfriend to come - coffee, biking and travel are some of their favorite activities. You can do an optional balloon ride over the Serengeti which is very expensive but might be my birthday present to myself (since I'm gonna be old this July). Most of the nights are camping, with a couple sleeping in an African igloo! And, unlike the Inca Trail, there's a sag car if you can't bike :)  I haven't really biked in years, I did 3 miles on the stationary bike to think about it.

I hope this isn't one of those ideas that seems good until you are doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment