Saturday, December 3, 2016

Aerobic Sandwich

Today's WOD was posted with a typo that almost made me skip the thing, but then I decided I had only been once this week, I only went once last week, so I needed to go. Here's what was posted:

WOD:
2000 meter row
then: 4 rounds
7 clean and jerk (I lifted 45 pounds)
21 wall balls
1 mile run

What was missing was the word "then" between 21 wall balls and 1 mile run. So, you actually ran only 1 mile, not 4. That made all the difference! It took me pretty much exactly 10 minutes to row. Then a little more than 10 minutes to finish the 4 rounds of clean and jerks and wall balls. I had a little fail in the mile run. Running a mile is 3 loops. First loop was slow but fine. Second loop I could feel my IT Band cramping up. I stopped at the end of loop 2 to stretch it and was like "I'm done." So, I only ran 2/3 of a mile. I want to do a hike tomorrow, and I didn't want to over do it today. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it! My legs were just feeling like jello.

So last week at work I talked to this alumni who wants to apply to podiatry school. I was trying to be helpful, but I haven't worked with any podiatry students, so I was just doing my best on that one. There's an alum who's graduated from a podiatry program and is doing a residency, and I offered to put them in touch. Then, like a total flake, I sent the wrong student's info to the alum. And, I emailed again and sent the wrong info AGAIN! Dope. I got it right on the third try. For some reason the alumni thought that this was awesome help on my part and emailed my boss about how wonderful and intelligent and helpful I am. Haha! And then my boss sent it to her boss who was all "that's great!" So hopefully they won't fire me when the economy tanks. It was just ironic that all that happened over what was a slightly dubious interaction :)

Oh yes, final thing. As I was leaving for crossfit today there was a woman in a fuzzy pink bathrobe standing on the street corner across the street from my house. I was thinking, "that's a little weird. But, whatever, Somerville." Then it turned out to be my neighbor. Haha, she sent me an embarrassed text explaining...

No comments:

Post a Comment