Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Burpee Pull Ups

Today I legit back squatted 95 pounds three times! And lamely did 100. I got part way down on 100, and then sort of got up - I felt like Gumby, which I'm pretty sure is bad form. I'll have to look, but I think that's a new record for me :)

WOD: 12 minutes
2 burpee pullups (that's just mean)(I did jumping pull-ups)
2 power snatches (I lifted 35 pounds)
4 burpee pullups
4 power snatches
6 burpee pullups
6 power snatches
etc
I got up to 12 pull-ups and 1 power snatch.

It was a big class so coach divided us into two groups, one started with burpees and the other one with power snatches. Now, the snatch is low on my list of favorites for lifting, but I was really hoping to be in that group first. But, I wasn't. Sigh. On the end of my round of 10, though, I actually felt like I was kind of pulling myself up some.

Tomorrow is my second class in the spring hiking program. First one was nice, there were good snacks at the half-way point :) They make you bring rain jacket and pants on every hike, which I think is excessive. But it was a good excuse to go shopping for rain pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment