Thursday, March 24, 2016

My Place is Falling Apart!

In addition to needing to fix the bathroom light, I now have a plugged up kitchen sink. I didn't notice it getting slower draining, but today I ran the disposal, and when I finished it spit up water. It was a particular bummer because I had just started the dishwasher, and the dishwasher drains through the sink. I tried all the super unclogging tricks - ice cubes in the disposal and baking soda and vinegar, but no luck. Fortunately (I hope), one of my neighbors is buddies with a plumber who will hopefully not charge me an arm an a leg to unclog it. Maybe I can get the plumber and the electrician on the same day?

I was a little sore still from Tuesday's WOD, and climbing yesterday, but tomorrow they are having another of their opens, and Saturday I'm planning on a hike, so I went to crossfit today.

WOD:
1 round of:
100 double unders (I did singles)
50 squats
25 push presses (I lifted 35 pounds)
2 rounds of:
60 double unders (singles)
30 squats
15 push presses
3 rounds of:
40 double unders (singles)
20 squats
10 push presses
My time: 17 min 50 sec

Although I can only manage to do one double under at a time, and then sometimes I can't keep jumping after, I was able to do 100 single jumpropes (is that a verb?) without stopping. I got to 55 on one round of 60, but all the other rounds I did unbroken!

Before we did the WOD we did presses and push presses, which are lifts that I kind of like, especially push presses. I lifted 50 pounds on presses and 70 on push presses.

As I was typing this, I heard my sink bubble. When I went into the kitchen to see what's up, there was crap coming out of it, and I could hear my neighbor's disposal. Which I think means it's a building problem, not a unit one. And then the management company has to take care of it! (Fingers crossed) The sink drained and is working fine now, but I don't know if this is one of those things that you can ignore and it will go away....

No comments:

Post a Comment