Sunday, March 13, 2016

Endurance

They weren't kidding when they said Saturday would be an endurance workout. I was ready to keel over during the thing. We started with a 800 meter (half mile) partner sandbag run - each of us carried the sandbag for half. I started with it, then at 200 meters gave it to my partner, then we switched back again at 400 meters and 600 meters. So, that was a quarter mile with sandbag. I partnered with this super small asian women, and for the last 200 meters she took off and finished first! That girl can run!! I was second of our group of about 10, and it weirded me out.

WOD: 4 rounds
400 meter run
10 Burpee Box Jumps (I did steps)
10 Hang Squat Cleans (I lifted 35 pounds)
100 meter run with sandbag
rest 2 minutes

My time: 29:50, average heart rate: 148, and that includes the almost 6 minutes of rest!

During the first round I was thinking about just doing 3 rounds, but then I got to the end of the 3rd round and decided I could do one more. I mean, you can do one of pretty much anything, right?

On Friday I had the day off, and was going to stop by my garden for 5 minutes to see how it had done over the winter. I wound up being there for about 2 hours, turning over the soil and ripping out roots! Some of the roots growing through it were almost the size of my wrist! Maybe this contributed to my poor growing season?  A little too much competition.  I'm thinking about getting some metal sheet roofing to bury at the edge of my plot to keep the roots out a little more in the future.  It was intense!

Last night I ordered seeds, much more fun! I'm planting white beets (that hopefully won't stain everything), scallions, radishes, carrots, lettuce, and I got a grape vine to try to grow on the back "fence" area. It would be awesome to grow grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment