Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Seaworld

My objective for the day was to run around Seaworld. It should be almost exactly 5K, perfect! Only, it was a total fail. IDK if it was the corned beef and pastrami sandwich I had for lunch, or the 90 percent ish humidity, or the fact that I've been eating crap for 4 days, but I got though only about a mile of running before getting cramps and wanting to puke. Oh, and my right knee hurts, probably because I haven't lifted in about a week. (The fitness center here is 4 machines, last time I go to a conference and stay in a cheapo hotel.) Anyhow, I ran about a mile and then walked the rest of the way around Seaworld. So I still get exercise points. I saw some huge herons, and a pretty pink pelican :)

Oh, and if anyone ever does read this, First Year Experience Conferences rock! Apparently publishers and authors want schools to use their books for Freshman reading programs. I left with 30 free books! And I got to hear 6 of the authors speak. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment