Friday, February 8, 2013

Blizzard!

Feeling very hard core because I went for a run at the start of the blizzard of 2013. It sounds like this may be one for the books! I got out early when there were flurries in the air, but nothing on the ground. I had to drop off a check at the condo management company for an excessive fee ($75 to fill out a form! And it had to be a money order, not a check. Guess a lot of people cancel that check, it is pretty extreme. Wish I got $75 every time I filled out a form. Bloodsuckers!) Well, they were still there working when I got there, so they get theirs I guess.

Because I was dropping off the check, I didn't run the entire 30 min straight, but that was an allowed pause. I ran 11 min and then 19 min, but I did spend some time running in place, waiting to cross the street. Only 2.77 miles, but I ran over Spring Hill, and down the other side. The run back the hill was categorized as a cat 5 hill, which is the smallest of the cat hills, but still, it has a cat. I was puffing at the end, and really wanted to stop, but I didn't.

One pretty exciting thing is that I didn't wear my knee braces, and nothing hurt at the end! No need for ice. My body/joints seem to be getting used to running. And I've been lifting weights, which they say helps.

So psyched about the storm! I'm all cozy at home, I have off street parking, and someone plows the lot. Just me and the cats here. I have food and wine. What more does a person need?

No comments:

Post a Comment