Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Post Blizzard

I guess it was about 27 inches of snow, the 5 th largest storm in the Boston area. It was great! I got two days off work, and didn't have to shovel. The roads are still kind of a mess, and parking is at a premium. So lucky to have deeded parking!  One downer was that they didn't clear the lot until Monday. I had to take the T to work, but I was ok with that, traffic was awful. And, I couldn't run because it was hazardous on the roads and I couldn't get to the gym. The T wasn't even running until Monday (it was like Hunger Games, only a few had cars, the rest of us poor slobs were walking.) I went to Union Square where there was a snow building thing, hot chocolate, snowball fighting, dancing, and a dude dressed in full Jedi Stormtrouper gear. So, lots of walking.c

Today was the first day back running. It was hard, but I did manage to do about the same as I've been doing. 2.85 miles in 30 min, about 15 of those minutes at 6 mph. I forgot my music, but fortunately NCIS was on. Lifted weights after. Then I ate a salad and a banana with peanut butter, even though it was after 9 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment