Saturday, May 14, 2022

Swimming with my eyes closed

Yesterday I tried to swim with my eyes closed to focus on proprioception instead of watching where I'm going. The water in mystic lake is so murky, you can't really see anything anyhow, so it made a lot of sense. And, I think it made a difference in my swimming! I felt my strokes becoming stronger and body being straighter and my kicks coming from my entire legs. The breathing is still a struggle. I can get to about 10 breaths usually, but then going beyond is a struggle. I got up to 25 once, but then had to stop and breathe. More research is necessary. I wound up going for two swims because I just wanted to get into the water when I arrived, and then I went again when everyone else did.

We had a merfolk pizza part on the beach :) One of our members ordered pizza delivered to the beach, and it was delicious and fun. We are talking about a late night swim on Sunday to watch the lunar eclipse. 

My cat does seem a little calmer on prozac. She still gets a little hissy sometimes, but much less so. I think I'm going to continue with it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment