Sunday, May 1, 2022

Swam 2/3 mile!

Today I swam over 2/3 mile and got up to 30 breaths on the crawl. But, every time that started thinking that I was doing well I lost my focus and choked on water. Clearly I need some sort of mantra for myself instead of "you're doing it!" because that seems to stop me from actually doing it. I'll think about that one. I feel like by the end of the summer I will be able to swim a mile without stopping, but we'll see - maybe that can be a goal.

It was a perfect spring day today! It was in the mid-sixties, but it felt really warm. At parkour we worked on rail precisions, and I was able to step from one rail to another at height after a bit. Everyone else was jumping, but whatever. Then we did strides to precision and played in the high school parkour park. After class finished I walked on the rail again, and was able to walk a pretty good distance. Definitely feeling good about my 2 achievements.

This weekend was open studios, and I went to the pottery studio and bought a couple of cute bowls, a mug and container for my kitchen spoons and spatulas, etc. I spent maybe a little more than I should have, but everything definitely sparked joy, so I decided it was allowed. This morning I ate breakfast out of my new bowl, and drank coffee from my new mug and it was so nice! Later in the day I decided that I should always eat off of nice plates, and decided that I would use my china for every day. I mean, who the heck am I saving it for? 

I was officially offered a volunteer position as the city wide garden coordinator! I've been coordinating for my community garden for the last three years, and it's been fine. I think I can help the program, and it sure seems that they need someone to do it. Hopefully this wasn't a huge mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment