Saturday, May 21, 2022

Blue Bikes to the Ballgame

A friend of mine offered me a ticket to the red sox! I haven't been to a game in several years, certainly since before covid. Which is a little sad considering that I live like 3 miles from the ball park. So, I was pretty psyched to go. They played the Marlins, and they actually won! Which was not a forgone conclusion, because they were down 4-0 at the end of the first inning.

It was supposed to be in the 90's today - I was a little nervous about how much fun the game would actually be, but thankfully it wound up only in the 80's, and we were in the shade the entire time. We had pretty good seats - it was a really fun afternoon!

I spent a while thinking about how to get there - it's so close for driving, but parking is crazy expensive. It's just a bit far for walking, even if I drive a bit, parking is tricky. Then I remembered blue bikes! I've never tried them before, but I see a ton of people on them. And, that worked perfectly. I drove to a supermarket parking lot a mile away so I didn't have to go over the hill, and then walked to the bikes. The ride there was perfect, and I got the last dock near the stadium. On the way back the bike site I went to wasn't working, and so I had to walk across the Mass Ave bridge, but it was nice out and not that far. And then I got a bike from the next site. Way better than using the subway which is a mob scene after a game! Def would try again - it's really a perfect way to get into the city!

Yesterday I did my longest swim yet 50 minutes, 1900 meters. I guess I will be able to do 25 for the race :) My latest theory on why I am struggling with swimming is that I don't have the endurance, and just need to try pushing though on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment