Thursday, May 5, 2022

Prozac for my cat

I finally gave in and decided that I have to give Tigger prozac. She has turned into a little demon over covid, becoming a hissy beast any time that poor Rufus tries to play with her. Also, when she doesn't get like 10 snacks a day she beats him up. Which has resulted in Rufus becoming obese. He is so fat, and it's because of this manipulation by Tigger. She never beats him up when I'm not there (I can tell that they have been brawling because there are clumps of fur all over the floor when they're done.)

She's so hard to give pills, I tried to make it easier by getting the tuna flavored prozac and mixing it with a little yogurt (mmm, tuna flavored yogurt) but she would have none of it. So, I had to force it in her mouth - which results in a low growl, but nothing worse. We'll give it a few weeks and see how it works. If this doesn't work, the next step is an exorcism.

She really is an awesome cat - when she isn't all hissy she spends so much of her time purring and cuddling with me, or sitting in the sun on the windowsill, watching birds, or napping on one of her many nap spots. She's a big fan of the laser pointer, and I got her an auto pointer toy, but she still gets all hissy. Well, I understand a lot of cats are on prozac, and maybe it will make her feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment