Friday, April 17, 2020

20 Minute Run

I feel like I haven't been getting my heart rate up enough to really call it exercise this week - I went for a few long walks and did yoga, but nothing aerobic. Today I had a little more time for lunch, so I decided to go for a run! I wasn't particularly excited about it, but what can you do? I decided that my regular 5K was probably too far, and anyhow the bridge is still out, so I did a shorter route that has less hills - it's 1.88 miles, going on the first part of my 5K but then turning on the bike path and heading back. Everyone in the world is on the bike path - I'm glad I only took it for a block! It was pretty tough running, but I held on and didn't stop at all. Total time was pretty much exactly 20 minutes, which is about 10 minutes 40 seconds a mile. I did want to throw up at the end.

There's this little produce store at the end of my street, and when I got back I stopped over there and asked if they had yeast - they did! I went home and got money, and then scored a TWO POUND BAG of yeast! That's a lot of bread to bake :) When you really think about it, it's so weird that we have come to a place where standing in line to get groceries is normal, and being excited to have ingredients to bake bread is a thing. Who would have thought it in the US in this time?

My work is talking about furloughing employees - I think I'm safe because I have a lot of work to do, and it's my busy season. I looked an I'm in the top 5 for appointments for my office, and I've had the most in the past month. But when top colleges are looking at furloughs, it's a baad sign for higher education. Scary stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment