Monday, April 6, 2020

Parkour Rolls

Today at parkour we learned how to do rolls! It was so fun. The secret, it turns out, is to tuck your head in your armpit and roll from shoulder to hip, as opposed to in gymnastics when you roll over your head and down your spine.

I decided to get a good workout in (very necessary since I baked the most delicious honey oat bread last night) so I ran to the park, climbed the wall 10 times, did class, and walked home! It's about 1.5 miles from my place to the park and it took me 17 minutes to run there. But, I put on my fleece when I left home and realized about 3 minutes in that I needed to take it off, which took a minute or two. So, I was running about a 10 and a half minute mile, I think. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. It seemed pretty slow, to be honest, but I passed pedestrians and was breathing hard.

Climbing the wall, I did a few climbs where I had some moves that seemed almost a V0. One thing that is good about climbing it is that I don't feel scared at all, and I could definitely get hurt if I fell. So, it's keeping me a little in practice.

The parkour rolls were definitely the most fun part of the class. I felt a little dizzy, I'm not going to lie. It's been a long time since I somersaulted down a hill. I've kind of missed it!

After class I walked home and ate a lot of bread!

I've been working on making fabric masks for the family. I can now make them pretty fast. I have the ones for the mail pretty much done. The plan is to send them out tomorrow, and then do my sister here's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment