Monday, April 20, 2020

Zoom Parkour

My parkour place is holding 45 minute geriatric classes via zoom on Monday nights. I didn't do the first two because of rain, and such, but tonight I decided to join. There isn't really space in my place to do parkour, and I don't want to be jumping around because I don't want to annoy the guy downstairs. I decided I would try to do it in the park - of course almost all of the parks are closed, but a few are big enough that they can't close them. I was going to go to one of the athletic fields, but it's pretty public, and I wasn't psyched about working out there. So, on my way there I scouted out this other park, which turn out to be way better. It's pretty close to the train tracks, but also hidden away enough that not that many people go there. Except people walking their dogs. When I put my hands and knees down, I tried not to think about all the dogs....

It was super fun, and I will definitely have to do it again! We did all the warm up exercises, many of which I like, and many I don't like. Then we did some crawling around (again not thinking about dogs) and a little jumping. We had a few exercises where we tried to think of inventive ways to turn around and go in a different direction. But, it was mostly strength and balance training. It was nice to be back in a class setting, and to see some of the people I had taken class with! Also, we enjoy ribbing the coach, so we got to do that again.

The park is .8 miles away from home, so I could run there, work out, and then walk back home after. It's definitely more down hill on the way there, though there's some uphill as well :)

I've been working on facemarks for my mom's senior living center. So far I have 26 made, which isn't that many considering that they have room for over 200 in the place, but I feel like it might still be a little while before they allow people out. The goal is to have over 50 by the end of next weekend. And to hope that my elastic that I ordered comes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment