Thursday, July 19, 2018

Swimming lessons!

On Tuesday I decided that I would just try swimming on my own.  I mean, how hard can it be?  So I went to the Y and put my swim suit on in the locker with no privacy, and I had my flip flops and my new goggles.  And I got to the pool and the life guard said, "I'm sorry, there's lightening. The pool is closed."  It's an indoor pool!  Apparently there are things below it.  So, I couldn't swim.  I thought that the universe hated me and didn't want me to swim. But then, as I was leaving, I saw a bunch of people in swimsuits and shirts that said "instructor!"  The swim teachers!  They were just sitting around doing paperwork, and so I asked about lessons, and they set me up.  I paid for 6 half hour lessons, and I had my first today.

My teacher's name is Hannah, and she's amazing.  We learned about kicking, arms and breathing.  And I swam up and down the pool a bunch. I think I will actually be able to do this!   She was trying to show me how to do the breast stroke, and I was like "I think I'll just keep my little old lady style."  But then she said she could teach me to do flip turns.  How cool would that be??

No comments:

Post a Comment