Thursday, July 12, 2018

Spin 2

I did my second spin class yesterday!  I got my bike up to 15 at the max, but then went down to 12 and then 10.  Anyhow, it was more resistance than last time.  My heart was really pounding!  Apparently you can take spin class, but it's hard to take swim lessons - I've tried to sign up two ways, but they don't get back to me :(

Happy news on the director front: the guy we all like took the job!  He's starting the day after Labor Day.  He signed a contract, so I assume he isn't going to back out.  I'm sure he will be good to work for, I called one of his references and she seemed to love him.  I'm not looking forward to fall when he starts, though - we've largely flown under the radar until now, and that's not going to happen anymore.

I wound up doing 7 interviews for my dissertation, with one more alum saying that she would email me responses because she's out of the country on a service trip and doesn't have much internet.  Totally enough for my study!  OK, better get to it if I want to finish this puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment