Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Another 'Noreaster coming!

The story reading went well!  My sister and two friends came, no one got up and walked out, people seemed to like it, the woman who read it said she did study abroad in Spain and it reminded her of her trip, and they paid me $10!  Plus a beer.  It was a good night :)

Anyhow, I was going to go to crossfit yesterday, I drove there, but there was serious traffic. So, I tried a different route and got lost in Southie. That place is like 2 square miles, but so confusing!  After a half hour of driving around I gave up and came home.  Which meant tonight I had to go, it was a little brutal:

Warm up: in 3 minutes
400 meter run
box step ups

one minute rest

in 3 minutes
500 meter row
push ups

It's cold out and I just had a short sleeve shirt on, so I was all "I'm going to bike instead."  But then I just sucked it up and ran.  I was second to last, but I noticed that the person behind me had their hands in their pockets.

Long WOD of aerobic sandwich:
800 meter run (everyone else ran a mile, but I just couldn't deal with that)
4 rounds:
3 rope climbs (I made 3 attempts)
12 push ups
12 box step ups
18 kettlebell swings (I used the smallest one)
2000 meter row
my time 32 minutes

There was one other woman who only ran a half mile. She was right behind me for much of the run, and I used it as motivation to run faster.  I did that thing where I imagined that I was at the Boston marathon, in first place, and all the helicopters were above me, and the press vehicle was in front of me, and the crowds were cheering...  It helps.  When I got  back the back door was locked and I had to run around to the front, which must have taken at least 15 sec, but maybe more like 30?  When I got  back in the gym, the timer was at 5 min, so I ran at about a 9-9.5 min mile!  But only for a half mile.

We're supposed to have a noreaster tomorrow.  I'm hoping it will time itself so I can be at home, but I'm not sure that it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment