Thursday, March 8, 2018

Ski erg

We had snow last night and I had an excuse to stay on the couch and work. The parking lot wasn't plowed until almost noon! It wasn't actually that much snow, but my neighbor tried to get out and got stuck, and blocked me in. I guess there's the bus. But then how would I get to crossfit?  So, I worked from home and that was that. When I went to crossfit at 4:30, there was like no traffic. I got there 20 minutes earlier than expected. I was telling coach, and he said "you pr'ed your driving record!" (PR is what we cross fitters call a Personal Record).  My dean friend was there, and he said he had to cut some trees down on the way to work. Wow.

There were a lot of ski ergs today, which it turns out I don't hate! I'm definitely slow at them, but I like to pretend I'm doing that olympic thing where you ski, then stop and shoot a little target. I don't shoot things. But in my mind I stop and shoot the target.

We did power snatches today, 5 sets of 3. I started at 55 for 2 sets, but then had to go down to 50 for the last 3.  I really don't know how to do power snatches.

WOD:
40 calories ski erg
30 power snatches (I lifted 35 pounds)
30 calories biking
30 overhead squats
my time like 18 minutes maybe??  IDK

I really wanted to get off the bike at 20 calories and go do my squats because I was so far behind everyone. But, I decided I had to live with it.  I've been tossing the idea of hiking the AT around in my head, one day, when I retire. I started following this Women's AT group, and there are people starting out now. It looks cold and miserable and easy to quit. I don't want to be one of those people who quit in Georgia.  So, I can't quit at 20 calories.  On the bright side, everyone was commenting on the hike "wait until you get to the White Mountains!" which is where I hike already.

No comments:

Post a Comment