Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Two workouts

Forgot to blog last week, and then went to crossfit today. Honestly, I don't remember my time from last week, whatever, it's good to note I went.

Today was full of things that I don't love and I really really didn't want to go, but tomorrow I'm going climbing and Thursday I'm going shopping and Friday I'm going for drinks, so I had to go!  Plus, yesterday I did nothing for exercise.  I left work late and there was traffic, and I was making all kinds of excuses for how I could skip it, but then I just went and it was fine.

We started with back squats for strength.  A lot of reps:
10-8-6-4-2
I started at 55 pounds and added 5 for each round. For the 2 squats I went up 10 pounds and did 80 pounds. My legs are going to be killing me tomorrow.

WOD: 3 rounds
40 kettle bell swings (I used the smallest one)
30 wall balls (I used the lightest one)
20 pull ups (I used bands)
My time: 19:18

Today I talked with a faculty member about trips that she leads with PT students. It was super helpful and she sent me some good sources and links to articles that she wrote. Now,  I just have to read them.

But, I have olympic fever! I love the winter olympics - they have half pipe going right now. The skiers are so amazing, and make me so nervous. They've been showing some of the athletes working out to prepare, and it's a lot of crossfit like exercise. It's actually pretty motivating.  I want to be like them, even if it means 90 wall balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment