Saturday, January 13, 2018

Ran 2 Miles!

Still waiting for my finger to heal completely. It doesn't bend as well as the other ones, and the tip is numb. It still looks swollen.  It's been a week and a half, why isn't it better?  Given the finger, I decided to put off the return to crossfit, I'm not sure how I would do at some of the moves that require grabbing bars and dropping to the floor and such.

Today it's actually not so bad out, so I decided to go for a run! I did a modification of my regular 5K route because I don't think I'm ready for 5K yet. I ran 2 miles though! I turned back at the bike path instead of going on up the hill to the next street. It took me 23 minutes, so a little over an 11.5 minute mile - not breaking any speed records, that's for sure. But, whatever. I ran the entire time except when I had to stop at one street crossing for traffic, but that was totally legit.  My IT band was pretty sore, and I think I got rid of my thingies I had for them, so I need to get new ones.

It was surprisingly nice being outside running again! I forgot how much I liked being a part of the city in that way.

Yesterday I got to visit Tufts Vet School and learn about their program. At the end we got a tour of the school. They have what's called a fistulated cow, which is a cow with a hole that goes to it's first stomach that allows the vets to gather good bacteria to transplant to sick cows. Wow.  That's crazy!  I also was able to buy a dozen farm fresh eggs!!  I cooked some for breakfast today and they cooked differently than eggs I buy in the store. I don't know if that's got to do with the processing of the eggs or the age?

No comments:

Post a Comment