Thursday, June 15, 2017

Burpee Pull-ups

It's been quite a while since I engaged in a blogable workout, but that doesn't mean I've just been sitting on my butt, though I confess I have done a lot of that. I got my bike fixed and did a couple short rides (one hour types), worked in the garden, went to yoga and climbing, and did a lot of walking. I went to my annual conference in Philly and walked around the city there, I'd never been there before and it was pretty nice!  At the conference my Dean buddy told me that he had arranged to go to the crossfit there. That's so hard core.

I had a really bad migraine and had to go to the ER for the first time in a while - I ubered there which actually worked out fine. It was 2 am when I decided I needed to go and this seemed easier than waking someone up, making them drive to get me, and then be up half the night when they had work the next day. Plus, it was faster for me because the driver got there in like 4 minutes. And when you tell an uber driver you might throw up, they drive super fast.

I made an appointment to see a registered dietitian to figure something out about my diet. I just feel out of control and it's driving me a little nuts. My appointment isn't for a couple weeks, so apparently I think that's an excuse to eat whatever I want. That's bad.

Today was the return to crossfit. I was going to go on Tuesday, there was a lot of rowing and sit-ups, things that I can do, but it was 95 degrees out, so that was a no-go. I was bummed because it means two days in a row now, and burpee pull ups.

The warm up was "Death by Burpees" which I was dreading, and for good reason. We did burpee pull ups (in my case the pull up was jumping from a box). The first 30 sec you did 1. The second 30 sec you did 2. The third you did 3, etc, until you couldn't fit into 30 sec. I got up to 4. Then you went down one for the rest of the tabata. In the end I wound up doing 20, which really isn't that death-y, and certainly not worth all the dread I felt about it.

We started with strict press and push press. I got up to 55 pounds on the strict press, without bending my knees at all, and up to 65 pounds on push press. We only had time for one round of three on push press, which was OK with me because 65 pounds was actually pretty heavy!

WOD: 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
clean and jerk (I did 45 pounds)
burpee pull ups
my time: 13:10

The regular WOD started at 10 and then 9, but I did level 1 that was easier. I think it was still a pretty good workout, and just fine for my first day back. Especially since I have climbing plans for Saturday, so I'm going to have to go again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment