Thursday, June 29, 2017

School's Out for the Summer!

I just submitted my last assignments for my second to last class for my doctoral program! Only one more class and that little paper thing (dissertation, blah blah, I'll worry about that later). But, the last class isn't offered in the summer, so I have to wait until September to take it. So psyched about that, I have about two and a half months off from classes. Yay!!

So, I actually did this workout yesterday, it's just a few minutes after midnight. I was going to go to crossfit on Sunday again, but actually was really tired. Wound up coming home after visiting with my mom and taking a nap (not an uncommon response, we spent 2 hours at Walgreens!)  Monday and Tuesday I wasn't feeling so great either, IDK what was up. But today I'm feeling better, so off to the box.

We started with a warm up that was pretty OK, down dog push-ups, kip swings (which I actually can do), jumping with the jump rope, and warm ups with the bar bell.

WOD: it was a hero WOD today, the last time they did it was after I joined but before I started blogging, so I don't know if I did it before.
Whittman: 10 rounds
6 push ups (or 3 handstand pushups)
6 deadlifts (I lifted 95 pounds)
12 pull ups (I used bands)
48 jumps on the jump rope (or 24 doubles)
my time: 26:57

It doesn't look that hard because it's such small numbers of reps, but there are so many of them! That's 60 deadlifts at 95 pounds!

I went to see a registered dietitian yesterday to see if I could make some headway with this stupid weight gain. She recommends this crazy thing where you eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full. I felt my head wanting to explode a little. You can eat after 9, or have bread, you don't have to count calories, and you can eat a brownie if you feel like it, without feeling guilty. You are meant to eat fruits and veggies for 50%, 25% whole grains, 25% lean protein at each meal.  And I think maybe pay attending to what you are eating? I'm gonna try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment