Saturday, June 24, 2017

Concord Carlisle 24 mile ride

I've been a total bike slacker, and I know I have to stop. Bike trip is like 6 weeks away! Today was rainy out this morning and I went climbing. After, it was clearing up, and I realized it would be fine for a bike ride. Somehow, though, I didn't leave here until 5:30 for the bike ride, what the heck was I doing? I decided that a 24 miler looked good. I didn't have that much time and it was still humid out. It was a really pretty ride, around some back roads in Concord, Carlisle, and areas like that. Super nice out there!

I was pretty slow - I got on my bike to start riding at 6:07 pm and finished the 24 miles at 8:54 which is almost 3 hrs. No stopping except to look at the map or adjust the backpack, really short stuff. I need to pick up the pace. I think the next few weeks I should try to ride my bike 4 days a week, even if it's just for an hour, or even a half hour.

There were three ice cream places, with homemade icecream, and since I was so late I couldn't stop for any. That's the real bummer of getting started so late. I got home and made a whole batch of pancakes and ate them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment