Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Second Crossfit of the week and it's Wednesday!

Finally back in the swing of things! It's only Wednesday and I've done crossfit twice this week! Feeling good about that!! And, now I can't go again until Sunday, which I'm kind of psyched about as well. I told my mom that I would take her shopping on Sunday, so I can go on the way there, and hopefully repeat this week's feat.

They've gotten kind of carried away with packing stuff into the workouts, and the result is that  the beginner (or in my case middle aged non-athletic women's) class never really finishes everything. Sometimes it's OK, and sometimes it's a little bit of a bummer. Today it was some of each.

We started with at tabata style warm-up: EMOM 8
1. 8 calories on the rower (was supposed to be 10, but I did 8)
2. jump rope 60 times (or 30 double unders)
3. 20 banded side steps
4. 25 glute bridges

Then we did box squats, which are back squats where you stick your but out like you are pooping in a  squat toilet that's not remarkably savory. But with 85 pounds on your back. And, instead of pooping you sit briefly on a box and then stand up again. We were supposed to do 5 rounds of 2, but this was where the workout got cut short, and I wound up doing 3 rounds, with the highest at 85 pounds. Which was both a bummer and OK, because my legs are still sore from the 50 thrusters.

WOD: EMOM 15
1. 10 calories on the rower
2. jump rope 60 times (or 30 double unders)
3. 10 power snatches (15 for regular athletes) I lifted 45 pounds.
If you didn't finish a round in the minute, you had to run a lap after.

When I read the WOD, I thought you had to do all 3 each minute, and I was like "I'm not running 15 laps." But it turned out that you only did one per minute, so it was a total of 5 sets of rowing, 5 of jumping, and 5 of snatches (which is actually 50 snatches, now that I think of it.) Hope I won't be as sore as after the thrusters!

I came home and ate, and then was like "It's nice out and it's the longest day of the year, I should go for a bike ride." So I rode my bike to my garden. It's not that far, just a couple miles each way the way I went, but lots of hill and my legs were killing me!

This week at work is the close of our budget year. I thought I was 13K under budget, so I went on a little spending spree. But then I realized that actually this one expense hadn't been deducted, and so I was like 6K in the hole. Oops. Fortunately it all worked out ok. It's probably chump change in the big picture, but I had a few kind of nervous moments. This was compounded a little bit by the fact that they gave me a nice bonus and raise this year (and by nice I mean more than 2.5%, but whatever. In education you gotta be happy with what you get.)

I also heard from one of my former co-workers in my old office (with my former crazy boss) that she (the co-worker) is leaving. She was the only remaining person there, besides the nutcase, from when I worked in the office. Complete turnover, some positions multiple times. Wow.

I'm supposed to do my final discussion board post for my class today, but I just can't. So far I have 70 out of 70 points for the class. The 11 discussion boards are worth 10% of the grade. I think I'm going to skip it! I'm such a rebel. If she give me an A- I'll be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment