Thursday, May 29, 2014

Wardrobe Malfunction

My latest Athleta pants were not an asset in my run today!  At the start they were falling down like crazy and I had to keep hiking them up while running.  It wasn't pretty.  My tummy was hanging out and there was bounce.  Fortunately after a little while I started sweating and that made them stick to my stomach a little better.  I have to decide if I will return them.

I did the running loop on the Charles from the free parking to the BU Bridge.  I did it the opposite of the way I usually do it, which was actually not that bad.  Because of the way the river bends, the two sides aren't actually the same distance - I usually do the longer side first, then once I go over the bridge I'm more than half way.  This time, though, I did the shorter side first, which made it easier for me to get to the third bridge, then once I crossed the river it was the longer side, but I had no choice but to run back.  I may do that again.

It was Harvard graduation today.  Lots of smart people looking happy.  Once I got home I saw in the news that Aretha Franklin was there.  That's cooler than LL Cool J.  As I was running someone honked and waved.  I wasn't sure if it was at me, or this other woman, and I had no idea who it was.  But maybe it was Aretha going by?  Yeah, I'm sure that's what it was :)

I wound up going 3.54 miles in about 37 minutes.  Looks like after I took my watch off I bumped the start button again, so it says 2 hours, but I know that's not correct :)  I'm pretty sure it was 37 min and some seconds, which is about a 10.5 minute mile.  It actually felt pretty good, once my pants weren't falling down!

No comments:

Post a Comment