Sunday, May 25, 2014

Heart Rate Monitor

Still can't find my watch, and I was at the sporting goods store yesterday and found one of those heart rate watches on sale for a pretty good price, so I had to buy it.  I bet I find my watch under the couch next week.  But, it's kind of cool to have the heart rate thing, even if it does mess with the line of my cute Athleta top (if I had any readers, I could totally get ads by Athleta and make money for them - and free stuff for me.  I'm like a walking/talking ad.) Anyhow, got my heart rate to 150 ish for most of the run, and that's where it felt comfortable running. IDK if that's really accurate, but I'm taking it. Also, it says that I burned 466 calories, which I also don't believe, but accept anyhow.

Today I met my friend Karen at the climbing gym at 10:30 for yoga, then we went for lunch and then climbed for about 3 hours. And, tomorrow I'm going kayaking for 11 miles (or 4 if I am lame.)  So I was going to excuse myself from running today, but it's been waaay too long.  Blah blah, all kinds of excuses, but I decided I needed to hit the road.  I did a little shorter run, went to my garden, but around the hill instead of over it.  It's 2.57 miles there the way I went, and it took 26 min, 26 sec, which is about a 10 min 18 sec mile, which isn't too bad considering how long it's been.  Although this route was a little bit more downhill than up. On the way back I decided to go direct, and walk up the hill (heart rate still 132, so a good workout) but then once I got to the top I was hungry and really wanted to go home and eat, so I ran home.  It was about .67 mile. I'm not really counting it, but it took about 8 min, so I did technically run 5K (very primitive of me, running to catch food.)

The garden is looking so nice!  The snap peas I planted are just coming up, and all kinds of other things are growing away.  I still have space for a few more things, gonna see if I can find some ground cherries maybe, and see what other kind of interesting things there are at the garden store...

As an aside, I took my cats to the vet last Sunday, and now Tigger is mad at Roofus.  She keeps hissing at him.  I have 500 square feet, which is a pretty small place for two cats that can't be in the same room. I hope they get over it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment