Saturday, May 3, 2014

10K!!

I did it! I ran my first 10K, and it wasn't even a flat 10K either. It was a kind of slow 10K, but that's alright.  I went from home, down to the bike path, to Davis Square and then Mass Ave, to Alewife Parkway, and then the little bike path there, and then back behind Tufts.  There's a bigger uphill bit towards the end, which was brutal, and I walked up the hill on my street.  In the end it was 6.24 miles in 1 hour 10 minutes and 16 seconds which is a 11 min and 15 sec mile. I was really ready to keel over at the end, and sustained myself with the reminder of a cold coconut water in the fridge, and the couch. For most of the run, though, I was feeling pretty good - it's truly spring, the trees are all flowering, everyone is outside, there were people doing some kind of martial art in the park, it's Open Studios this weekend, and I think I even passed another runner!

Yesterday at work I met LL Cool J. And by met, I mean "I knew where he would be and waited like a stalker, then jumped in an got a pic with him when other people were." He put his arm around me.  That dude has some fine arms, that's for sure.  I understand he's got a pretty intense exercise routine, and you can tell. Also, he smelled very good, and is just adorable. I may now convert to a NCIS LA fan. Just what I need, a new TV addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment