Friday, January 10, 2014

Just like a spring day....

It's been so cold, but today it was like spring - 40 degrees!  I was thinking about going to the gym, but then I decided that maybe it was warm enough for outdoors.  So, I put on my winter Athleta pants and top, and went to the Charles.  I was thinking that I would just do a short loop, from the Museum of Science bridge to the Longfellow, but once I started running it felt so great I decided to make it a bigger loop than usual, I did the Mass Ave Bridge to the MOS one.  (Starting near the Cambridgeside Galeria).

There was a dusting of snow this morning, so there were a few spots that were kind of slippery, and I walked down some steps instead of running.  There was a point where a couple cheetahs came around a curve in the path, and were gone.  I don't know how people can run so faaaaast!

In the end I wound up going 4.45 miles in about 45 min.  I'm not sure exactly how long it was because I had a couple layers on my arms with sleeves with thumb holes and gloves, so it took a bit little between starting my stop watch and starting running.  I put 5 quarters in the meter, and I had exactly 30 min left when I got back, so I'm kind of going by that.  That's a 10 min 6 sec mile, which I'm crazy happy about.  It really didn't feel like I was running that fast.  Go me :)

Oh, and I got all excited because someone new posted a comment on my blog, but again it became clear that they hadn't actually read my blog, it was some religious nut who wanted me to read his blog.  Delete.

No comments:

Post a Comment