Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I was going to go to my friend Greta's party for New Years, but then I got all lame and didn't feel like it, so I wimped out on her and instead went to this two hour Kick Ass yoga class.  I thought that the instructor would go easy, since it was two hours, starting at 10 pm, but not so much. The guy on the mat next to me spent about 15 minutes just lying on his back, before the part where that's what you're meant to do.  So, today I was a little tired out.  I decided to go for a run anyhow, because there's a storm coming and I don't know if I can run tomorrow or Friday.

I wound up going to the gym because it was a little too cold out, and because I wanted to see if they have new club info up. There was nothing that said if rates are meant to go up or not, but the advertisement says that they will have classes and an oxygen bar, so I'm a little nervous.  If they do hike up the rates I'm totally defecting to Golds, they are opened 24/7, which probably I would never take advantage of, but it sounds cool. Anyway, I ran a little slower than usual, but still went over 3 miles in 35 min.  For most of the run I did 5.7 mph, but then at the end I slowed down to 5.5.

I've been working on cleaning all the crap out of my home.  Today I took all the change that I had sitting around, all pennies, nickels, and dimes, and brought them to Coinstar.  Well, you have to pay 10% to use the coinstar to get cash, which is lame. But, you could get 100% of the money if you got a gift card, and they had them for Athleta!  So, though I swore I would not indulge in that addiction anymore, I got a really cute top and sports bra for all my change and $12.  Sometimes I think I spend more time shopping for cute work out clothes than actually working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment