Monday, January 1, 2024

NY Dips

To ring in the new year, I thought it would be a good idea to go skinny dipping in the lake. Not sure why i thought it would be a good idea, but I did. I managed to talk exactly one friend into going with me, and it was cold. Apparently swim suits do actually provide a little warmth. After, I went to yoga in JP, which was pretty chill. I've been doing yoga to welcome the new year for several years now, and it's a very zen way to welcome the new year. I was trying to decide between two studios and in-person vs virtual. In the end I went in person (glad I did) and to a studio in JP. I liked the class, though it could have had a little more intensity. At the end the teacher played glass bowls and it was insanely good - I could feel the vibrations throughout my body.

For new year's we had a dip at the beach. It was pretty cool - lots of people came - some from our group and some just randoms. We were there for a couple hours and it was fun to see so many people coming for a plunge. After we warmed up to dance music which was a lot of fun.

Once again, I've gotten so fat I can't stand it, and have to start the new year with a diet. Yuck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment