Sunday, January 7, 2024

First Ski of the Season

I got the epic pass this year, which allows me to go for 5 days of skiing. Today was day 1. I went to crotched mountain, which only has man-made snow right now, but will probably have real snow after this storm that's meant to come on Sunday. It was such a cold day! I had on long underware, fleece tights, a smart wool top with a hood that covers most of my face, my heated gloves, my super-cute gondola socks, and my jacket and I was chilly all day. 

I wanted to get in a warm up day, where I got my ski legs again. I mostly just did the greens, which was fun. They have a high speed lift that goes to the top, but what I hate about it is this one short stretch where it's steep, narrow, and the snow always seems to be bumpy. It's a blue square, but it always seems so hard! The other part that makes it hard is that the end of the tricky part crosses a black trail, so there's a chance that someone else could come down from a different direction. But, there is a really nice green after that, which I really enjoy, so I kept telling myself that it was my reward for going down the hard part. I did that trail a half dozen times, and the rest of the time I took the slow lift.

I think I got back into skiing pretty fast this year. I was able to pick up speed throughout the day and was doing well with my edging. The first few runs were hard, and my legs were killing my by the end of the day, but I definitely had a few really fun runs where it felt easy and relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment