Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Back to Crossfit

It's tough when the membership freeze is over and it's time to return to crossfit, though today wasn't so bad because it was rowing, kettle bells and push presses. At least, that's what I told myself before going. Of course, once there it was torture.

For lifting we did push presses in rounds of 3. I did 75 pounds 6 times!  I was pretty happy with myself on that!  Coach told me I was bending my knees a second time, and that I should squeeze my butt and hold it so I didn't double bend, which was quite effective.

WOD:
80 calories rowing (which took me 7 minutes)
80 kettle bell lunges (since I can't lunge well I did step ups)
60 kettle bell swings (for the kettle bell I used the smallest one)
my time: 15 min 10 sec

There was meant to be a time cap of 15 minutes, but I wasn't going to stop when I was so close!

I found a Tai Chi place in Brookline that I'm going to try next week. I think it could be good for me during the transition time. IDK if I really have the time and energy to add something else to my exercise schedule, but it looks pretty chill. They have a Monday night intro class, I could do that maybe. I never do any other exercise on Mondays.

I have one stupid paper left and then everything else that I do for my degree is for my dissertation. But it's just torture, I am having such a hard time starting it! I got feedback back from my last project, which was like 4 parts. She gave me an A, but the only feedback I got was that I should change something from the first part. Hmm, might have been helpful to hear that a month ago. This program is so frustrating, not because of the work, but the lack of feedback and direction. I'm going to have to try get my current (soon to be former >sob<) boss to be my third reader so I can get advise from her, she does research and has a lot of good ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment