Thursday, November 16, 2017

25 Box Jumps!

Of course at the end of the day today I didn't want to go to crossfit, but it was a tabata workout that looked not too horrible, and I knew I would be sorry tomorrow if I didn't go. It wasn't too bad, and I did all these box jumps, might be a new record for me, though I would have to check.

We started with thrusters, we did a lot of them. 10-8-6-4-2. I didn't make it to my usual 5:30, which was actually good because I need the foam box for box jumps, and that's not in the 5:30 gym, it's in the 6:00 gym. Which also allowed me to get my own weights for lifting! There are more racks in the 6:00 gym. Which was a good thing, because I started at 55 pounds, but then went down to 50 for the other rounds.  Still, lifting 50 pounds 20 times, and 55 pounds 10 is OK.

WOD: tabata, 20 sec on, 10 sec off
Rowing - I rowed 35 calories total
wall balls - I did 55 total
toes to bar - I did 50 knees to chest
box jumps - I did 25 jumps and 10 steps

I was feeling pretty happy with myself for the 25 jumps, that's a lot for me.

We interviewed a new person for my office today, we're going to hire a new advisor.  She seemed good. Good communication and people skills, which isn't my thing, so a good balance. And, she seemed smart, like she got to the office like 30 min early, which I can only assume was to check out what it was like. Of course, given that it was our office, it was like me answering emails and then eating an apple, my boss with her door almost shut frantically working on something she should have done last week, the woman next to me shopping, and one of the researcher complaining about the new paint color (I love the shoe shopper and researcher. And she's right about the new paint color.)

After I was talking to my boss about my next steps. She is apparently dying to put a bug in the ear of the V Provost that I may be thinking about leaving, and trying to get me more money or a new title. Which I gave her the go-ahead on. But, the other thing was I was saying how I love the data and problem solving and planning of this job. And she was like "you should do program assessment." And I was like "I should!" I kinda like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment