Thursday, October 12, 2017

I'm back

I was down for a week and a half with this disgusting phlegmy cold. Poor me!  I swear every fall working on a college campus I get something. Today, though, I was back up and to crossfit. I thought that today's workout wouldn't be that bad. Ha! It's the innocent looking ones you have to look out for.

We started with a "warm up" that was 60 jumps on the jump rope, 15 kettle bell swings, 200 meter run, and 8 burpees in 4 minutes (at least, that's what it was for me). Then we tortured our arms some with turkish getups, which involves holding a pretty heavy (to me) weight over your head while lying on the ground, and standing up. Until your arms are tired. Not sketchy.

Next we had two WODS:
14 minute EMOM:
60 jumps on the jump rope
8 burpees
(at least, that's what it was for me)

rest 3 minutes

14 minute EMOM:
100 meter run
15 kettlebell swings
(at least, that's what it was for me)

It was tough. And, I ran 100 meters in 30 seconds. When we did 200 meters the first time it took me a little over a minute. So, everyone else was doing 200 meters, but I was like "I need a rest." Yeah.

Today more former bitch of a boss emailed me and was all like "I see you're hiring. Are you expanding? We're hiring too. If you see anyone who would be good for our office, will you share?"  And I was like #1 Not gonna answer the fishing questions. #2 would never refer anyone to you because you are nuts. #3 I thought you were fired and out of here.  And a little #4 I was thinking about steeling one of your current advisors. I'm not going to answer it :)  Tee hee.



No comments:

Post a Comment