Thursday, October 19, 2017

Cried at work. Awesome.

Today's WOD actually wasn't that killer, not that it was easy or anything, but all things that I could pretty much do. Yay!  I'd been a little bit of a slacker for the start of the week, so it was good to go. We started with squat snatches, which I quickly changed to regular snatches because I don't have the coordination to squat while snatching. I lifted 55 pounds 10 times. OK I guess.

WOD:
150 jumps on jump rope
1500 meter row
150 jumps on jump rope
my time: 11:22

I had a little break down at work earlier this week, something that I haven't done in a four and a half years. I was so stressed out about the new job, my boss leaving, and the fact that I don't know what's going on. Plus, I heard rumors about a new model for my office that sounded like a bad idea. So, I meant to have a chat with my boss about it, but then I started crying, and it was just embarrassing. Plus, she's such a scientist, she's not really into the emotions so much. Eventually she actually looked at her watch and I wanted to crawl through the floor. However, I will say that my "strategy" was effective in that I think she talked to the vice provost, and now we're moving along a little with the process. So, we'll see. But, I'm going to try not to cry again.

I've been trying to do stress reduction things. Yesterday I went to this free Afro Flow yoga class at work. It was a combo of yoga and soul dancing. I can do one of those things. Ha! I wasn't quite sure what Afro Flow yoga was, but when I got there and saw someone setting up African drums I knew it would be different than what I'm used to. And, when we put away our yoga mats and started dancing, I was like, "Jewish girl from the suburbs here. My hips and shoulders don't do that!" It was pretty fun, though. I feel like I'll go back. At one point we were dancing in a circle and the instructor was like "yell out things you can't live without and we will dance them!" Of course, I thought "chocolate" "coffee."  But people were yelling things like "peace" "strength" "friendship!" Oh, those kinds of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment